Carmen Fong, a New York City colorectal surgeon, told BuzzFeed.
In turn, her tight shorts had provided a moist, dark environment where the microbes could thrive.
But by that point, it was already too late: The next morning, Sam fell into what she later discovered was septic shock after contracting a skin infection called cellulitis, BuzzFeed reported.
Her viral video has racked up more than 8 million views.
This past June, a after a shaver mixup resulted in his face getting ravaged by flesh-eating bacteria.